10 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Larger
No matter how large your home may be, there’s always one room that’s just a little too small. Luckily, with some quick design tricks, any room can appear larger. Try a couple of these suggestions and watch your room magically expand.
- Use lighter paint colors.
- Paint or wallpaper the ceiling in order to make a room look taller.
- Install wall-to-wall or floor-to-ceiling bookcases to make the ceilings look higher.
- Pull furniture away from the walls to create a feeling of spaciousness.
- Hang mirrors opposite windows to reflect light and make the room seem bigger.
- Keep knickknacks, framed photos, books, etc., to a minimum to create a sense of spaciousness.
- Use furniture that doubles for something else. For example, a lidded ottoman that’s also a seat that’s also a storage unit.
- Keep window treatments to a minimum to expose as much of the window—and therefore, light—as possible. Think sheer, white curtains. Or better yet, nothing at all.
- Stay away from bold prints and colors. Stick to smaller patterns and neutrals when it comes to rugs and upholstery.
- Deploy stripes, either on your walls or floors, which will make the walls look taller and the floors longer.
For more tips to make small spaces appear larger than they are, contact our office today.
Share This Post